Just getting a small business up and running means long hours and extended work weeks. But when legal issues loom, an owner may find he's out of time, energy, and ideas. The articles in this section are designed to provide the answers to dozens of questions — from how to find the right attorney to the legalities of business structure, employment regulation, and asset protection.
- How to Find the Right Attorney - Hiring a skilled and experienced attorney can be critical to the long-term health and success of your business. Here's how.
- Considerations to Help You Determine the Legal Structure of Your Business - Make an informed decision about the type of corporate structure that is right for your business.
- Key Employment Laws - If your company has employees, you need to understand and comply with federal and state employment laws to minimize the chance of a lawsuit being filed against you.
- Alternatives to Litigation - Learn how to settle some disputes more quickly and at a lower cost through mediation and arbitration.
- Copyrights, Trademarks, and Patents - Learn about the various ways you can legally protect your intellectual property.
- How a Lawyer Can Protect and Assist Your Business - Don't wait until you need an attorney; be proactive and learn about how an attorney can make all the difference.